If you are trying to format your pendrive and getting Disable write-protected Error while formatting the pendrive. This error illiterate very much because you can’t-do anything with your pendrive. Now you are thinking what is the cause of this error.
Why Write-Protected error is coming in Pendrive
- This error can come due to software issues.
- It can also come when your pendrive has some physical damage.
- It may also happen when your pendrive have the dangerous virus.
How to Fix or Disable write-protected Error of pendrive
#1. Scan your Pendrive with Anti-Virus
This is a very easy method to remove this kind of error if your problem is normal then your error will disappear after scanning. If you are still getting the same error then you can try next method.
#2. Check User Account Settings
You should check user account settings. Some of the settings are configured to not provide sufficient permission to storage devices. So, you can follow below steps to check it.
- Open My computer and open properties of your pendrive.
- Then go to security Tab and check everything is ticked.
- If you saw some options are not ticked then simply tick or enable it.
- After it, your problem will solve.
#3. Format pendrive
However, there may be some chances when you will not be able to solve from above methods. Now select file system as NTFS and try to format pendrive. If your pendrive successfully formatted with this then again select file system FAT32 (Default).
- Open your My computer
- Right-click on your pendrive and file system as NTFS.
- Then format pendrive.
#4. Disable Write-protected by registry editor
If you are still getting this error then you can try disabling registry editor. Follow below steps to do that.
- Open Run, Press Windows+R button same time.
- Then type regedit and click ok.
- Now, follow it
- After it, click on write-protected twice.
- Then change value 1 to 0 and click ok.
- Remove your pendrive and restart your PC.
#5. Disable Write-Protected error by Command prompt
Some methods will work for someone else. However, if you are still getting this error then I have the last method to disable that error.
- Just Open your Run and type CMD.
- Now, type DISKPART and hit enter.
- Type LIST VOLUME and hit enter.
- Type SELECT VOLUME A, A is volume label.
- Type ATTRIBUTES DISK CLEAR READOMLY, then your write-protected will be disabled.
- Then type EXIT and hit enter.
- Best Backup Apps
- Boost Wi-Fi Signal on Laptop
- How to Remove Shortcut Virus
- Cool Notepad Tricks for Computer
- Best External Hard Drive (Portable Hard Drive)
- Best Websites To Create Cartoon Of Yourself
- How to Unlock/Reset pattern screen lock on Android mobile
- Loan Number and Loan Codes for Airtel, Idea, Aircel, Vodafone, BSNL, Docomo, Reliance and Uninor