A device driver or hardware driver is a group of files that enable one or more hardware devices to communicate with the computer’s operating system. Without drivers, the computer would not be able to send and receive data correctly to hardware devices. It is necessary to have a network driver installed on the laptop to get connected to the network.
You can follow step by the step process to check Wi-Fi adapter driver is installed or not on Windows.
- In the search box next to the Start button on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager. You can follow the alternate step to open device manager option.
- Right-click on the desktop icon and select manage option.
- In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.
- Right click on the driver name and select properties option to check network driver.
- In case if the adapter driver is not showing there. You need to download and install the network driver from any third party or official website.
- How to Find Wi-Fi router IP on Windows
- Best Funny Names for your Wi-Fi Network
- Change Your Wi-Fi Router Admin Username and Password