How to Format Pendrive with Command in Windows 10
Here are the easy steps to format your Pendrive and disk drive with the help of command prompt. Before formatting the pendrive take backup of your important data and files. The tutorials working with Windows 10. Using this method we can quickly format pendrive with cmd.
Method 1 – Format Pendrive with Command Prompt
This is the first method to format the flash disk with the help of command. This method takes few seconds to complete the entire process.
- Insert flash drive (PenDrive) on your computer
- Now check drive location, where Pendrive is inserted (E.g – C/D/E/F) Drive
- Suppose our drive location is (F) that means we have to format (F) drive.
- Open command prompt and Run as Administrator
- Type command format F: and press Enter button (This command will format your pendrive, which is showing F drive location.
- Again press Enter when it shows ready.
- This process will take few seconds to format your pendrive.
Method 2 – Format Pendrive with Command Prompt
This is the second method to format the flash disk with the help of command. This is very easy but a little bitter lengthy process.
- Windows 10 users – Type cmd in the search box and open Command prompt and Run as Administrator.
- If you have already administrative privileges, Press Ctrl+R key to open run prompt windows option and press Enter button.
Step 2. Now type diskpart in the command window and press Enter.
Step 3. Now again type list disk in the command window and press Enter.
Step 4. Now select the disk part “select disk 1” and type clean.
Step 5. Now type “create partition primary” and press “Enter” button.
Step 6. Now type “active” and press “Enter” button.
Step 7. Again type [ format fs=ntfs label”Tutorialshubspot” quick ] and press “Enter” button.
Step 6. Now type “assign” and press “Enter” button.