How to Remove Shortcut Virus Permanently
Remove shortcut Virus from flash drive and computer
Well, You are searching for how to remove shortcut virus? However, there are many sites who is offering the solution, but many sites do not tell you the perfect way to remove shortcut virus from your pen drive. Moreover, there is certain kind of shortcut virus remover which you can use to remove that virus successfully. If you sick searching all over the internet and can’t able to find the solution to your problem then I am here to solve your each problem. And you know removing the shortcut virus is very easy, even a child can do this easily. Just like if your computer pen drive is infected by those viruses then it can cause for your pen drive and for your PC as well as your privacy. So, this is not good for your PC.
That’s why I created this amazing trick on how to remove shortcut virus and I will tell you more important things about this virus. Actually, there are many types of shortcut virus. Don’t worry I will tell you how to remove every shortcut virus. Just stay tuned to me.
Type of Shortcut Virus
Shortcut virus is for 2 type which can infect your PC and your all software.
- Flash Drive Shortcut Virus
- File and Folder Shortcut Virus
File and Folder Shortcut Virus
File and Folder Shortcut virus are very bad virus. Do you know that I was also the same virus in my PC? With lots of shortcut virus in every folder. Actually, I got those viruses from my friend’s pen drive. And those viruses are really bad and that virus created itself in another folder. So, I will suggest you update your antivirus and when you insert your friend’s pen drive make sure to scan it with your best antivirus. When you open that virus in that pen drive then it will automatically execute itself and make their child on your PC.
Flash Drive Shortcut Virus
Actually, this virus is Trojan virus, you will find that virus almost all of pen drives and sometimes they may be hidden and cause a problem for your PC. Once, it executes with its power then that virus can able to send your personal or credit card information to the hackers. So, this virus is the first priority to remove shortcut virus.
Tips to Avoid Shortcut Virus
There is some antivirus which may not able to detect those viruses but you can take the safety from those viruses. If you help them to execute then they can able to attack your PC with Trojan. However, if you are smart then they can’t able to execute itself. So, you can be safe from those viruses. Just follow the steps below:
- Don’t run your Flash Drive from the auto run and from My Computer.
- You can open your pen drive by right clicking it, then click on explore or you can type the address on the address bar to open your flash drive.
How to remove Shortcut virus using virus remover tools [Method 1]
- Just download Shortcut Virus Remover tool: Download Now
- Extract it using Winrar or other software that you prefer using it.
- Then Run Trojorm Removal Tool you should run it on your flash drive.
- When the scan will complete then press enter.
- Now, copy shortcut virus fix folder, paste that in your flash drive.
- Open it with notepad then search cDrive = “H:” and change it to according to your flash drive address.
- Then save it.
- Now, open VBS file or you can open it with windows based script host.
- That’s it.
- Also Read: Best laptops under Rs 60000
- Also Read: How to Share Idea Internet With Friends and Families
How to remove shortcut virus using command prompt/CMD [Method 2]
So, if above method doesn’t work for you then you can use this method. Because some of the virus are very dangerous they don’t remove from normal method. That’s why here is the advanced method to remove shortcut virus.
- Click on Start
- Then click on Run and type CMD there and then hit enter.
- Now, type your flash drive address e.g. f:, or h: and hit enter
- Then type this in command attrib f:\*.* /d /s –h –r –s
- make sure that change f: with your flash drive letter.
Shortcut Virus remover tools and command prompt Access denied problem
These two are the best way to remove shortcut virus from your computer and if you get this error access denied then you may do something wrong or the virus may stronger than these methods. This problem is really common for a hard disk that uses NTFS however; this is rare on flash drives.
Solution for access denied:
- In fix folder method make sure that you used to change the letter according to your flash drive if you did something wrong then it may cause for your system.
- In the command prompt method makes sure that you typed correct command including spaces. If you did type the wrong command then it will not work.
Now, you already did all the steps to clean your computer. However, there may be very fewer chances that these methods will not work. If your computer is completely infected by those viruses then these tricks will not work then you need to change the method for removing shortcut virus.
- Download RKill and start it. This will stop every malicious process which is going on your PC including shortcut virus.
- Download RougueKiller and start it as well. To remove more variants of Trojans.
- Download Malwarebytes and scan it.
Shortcut Virus Remover (How to remove Shortcut Virus from PC)
Using this method you will remove shortcut virus 100% without any problem. Just download shortcut virus remover and run it to delete all shortcut virus.
- When you are using the first time then it will ask for a password.
- Just add or browse those viruses it will disinfect those viruses and delete from your portable devices.
- That’s how HFV removes the virus from flash drive or pen drive.
How to prevent shortcut virus from coming back to your PC
Install HFV or any Good antivirus to protect you from many virus attacks. I recommend you to use avast antivirus. Avast is the best as I am using it on my personal PC. When I used that antivirus now not a single virus dare to come in my PC.
- Read Also: Top 200 proxy server list
- Read Also: Download Windows 10 Themes
- Read Also: How to use Whatsapp without Number
- Read Also: Download All Themes for CyanogenMOD 12
If you like this helpful tutorial then you can share it with your friends or you can like our Facebook page to get more tutorials like this. You can subscribe to our mailing list. Feel free to comment below I will always here to solve your problem.