If your android mobile phones consuming extra data. You can avoid this problem by applying the following steps, that will help to save the data usage on your android smartphone. All the mobile data burn to stream videos on youtube and browsing the web. But that’s is not only a single reason for the heavy consumption of extra data.
Ways to Save your Internet Data on Android Smartphone
- Step 1) Avoid streaming content.
- Step 2) Restrict App background data.
- Step 3) Use the Chrome Data Saver feature for browsing.
- Step 4) Turn off AutoUpdate apps and switch update Wi-Fi only.
- Step 5) Use light Version of Apps.
You can apply below steps to fix the problem for saving your mobile data or either you can download mobile data saving apps.
1. Avoid streaming content
Streaming videos on the web and watching videos on youtube consume very high data usage. You can save your android data by avoiding unnecessary videos Streaming videos. Or you can decrease the quality of the stream videos while watching.
2. Restrict App background data
Some of the android apps consume too much data. Background apps keep your eye updated and help to display the latest notification update on the mid or top of the home screen. We can restrict these unnecessary notifications by Restricting particular App background data. Because the function consumes mobile data in the background and gives the latest update. We can block the background data that help to save the data.
You can follow below steps to Restrict App background data
- Step 1) Go to Settings > Data Usage > Mobile Data Usage.
- Step 2) Now find the App which is consuming very high data.
- Step 3) Tap on the App and “Restrict App Background Data Usage“
- Step 4) After restricting the App background data, App notification will not display on the screen
3. Use Data Saver feature in Chrome
Chrome is the most popular Android browser with high speed and value-added features. It is the only browser which is available on every smartphone, that has an inbuilt data saver option which helps to save mobile data.
4. Turn off AutoUpdate apps and switch update Wi-Fi only
Automatic App update eat all smartphone data but we can fix this problem by turning off Apps Auto-update option. It helps to save mobile data. You can stop auto update with the help of these steps.
- Open Google Play app and navigate Settings option.
- Tap on Auto-update apps disable automatic app updates, select Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.
5. Use light Version of Apps
Every people is connected to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other popular social media networks around the world. These popular android apps consume the high day and stay updated with notifications. These apps are available in a lite version which is designed for low spec phones and reduce your data usage. And for surfing the web lite version of Opera and other browsers are available on the app store.