If your android mobile phones consuming extra data. You can avoid this problem by applying following steps that will help to save the data usage on your android smartphone. Most of the mobile data burn to stream videos on youtube and browsing the web. But that’s is not only a single reason of heavy consumption of extra data. You can apply the following steps to save your mobile data.
Ways to Save your Internet Data on Android Smartphone
1. Avoid streaming content
Streaming videos on the web and watching videos on youtube consume very high data usage. If you really want to save your android data avoid unnecessary videos Streaming. Or you can decrease the quality of the stream.
2. Restrict App background data
Some of the android apps consume too much data. Background apps keep your eye updated and help to display the latest notification update on the mid or top of the home screen. We can restrict these unnecessary notifications by Restricting particular App background data. Because the function consumes mobile data in the background and gives the latest update. We can block the background data that help to save the data.
Steps to Restrict App background data
- Go to Settings > Data Usage > Mobile Data Usage
- Now find the App which is consuming very high data.
- Tap on the App and “Restrict App Background Data Usage“
- After restricting the App background data, App notification will not display on the screen.
3. Use Data Saver feature in Chrome
Chrome is a most popular Android browser with high speed and value-added features. It is the only browser which is available on every smartphone. It has inbuilt data saver option which helps to save mobile data.
4. Turn off AutoUpdate apps and switch update Wi-Fi only
Automatic App update eat all smartphone data. We can turn off the Auto-update of mobile apps. It helps to save mobile data. You can stop auto update with the help of these steps.
- Open Google Play app and navigate Settings option.
- Tap on Auto-update apps disable automatic app updates, select Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.
5. Use light Version of Apps
Every people is connected to the Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other popular social media networks around the world. These popular android apps consume the high day and stay updated with notifications. These apps are available in a lite version which is designed for low spec phones and reduce your data usage. And for surfing the web lite version of Opera and other browsers are available on the app store.