If you want to port your Idea number into any Indian network SIM like Airtel–Vodafone-Reliance-Aircel-Jio. Here I am going to tell you easy steps to port Idea mobile number into any other network sim. Most people look for how can I port my number? Here you will get the detail about porting. If you don’t know about MNP (Mobile Number Portability) service you can read below.
Under this service, we can switch Idea mobile number to any other network operator. You don’t need to change your mobile number. But before porting your Idea number into another network. You need to full-fill following conditions.
Eligibility to make an Idea porting Request
- You have An active Idea connection that is at least 90 days old (as counted from the date of new activation or the last port date)
- No outstanding payments to the donor operator (operator that you are leaving)
- No requests pending for change of ownership of the number
- Your request for porting is within the same circle.
Note – The procedure is same even if you want to port from any other network to Idea. You need following documents to jump to another network.
Below are the Steps to Port Idea Mobile Number to Other Network
- IDEA GPRS Internet Settings
- IDEA Emergency Talktime Credit Loan Code
- Idea Main Balance & 3G/4G Internet Data Balance Check
Step 1. What you will need to Port Idea Number Other Network
- Passport size photographs
- Address proof Or any Photo ID proof (E.g. Passport) Indian Nationals / Foreign Nationals
Step 2. To get a SIM, you will need
- Visit nearest (Network Operator Mini Store OR Any retail outlet near your location)
- The network Store in which you want to port your number.
- Generate an 8 digit UPC code by sending SMS from your PORT 10 digit Mobile no to 1900
- Fill up the CAF and Porting Form and submit your documents (Proof of ID & address & 1 Photograph)
- Submit your documents
- Porting charges of Rs. 19/- will apply to be paid (Non-refundable charge)
Step 3. Activation procedure for your number
- Your documents will now get verified
- Your old SIM card will be replaced with the new SIM card
- MNP request will be processed in 7days with a no service period of 2hrs
- Your old SIM will be deactivated within one hour of the stated time of porting
- Your new SIM card will be activated within two hours of the stated porting time
If you have any question or query about porting service. You can ask in the comment.
- How to Port Airtel Mobile Number
- How to Port Bsnl Mobile Number
- How to Port Vodafone Mobile Number
- How to Port Telenor Mobile Number
- How to Port Docomo Mobile Number