Here is the way to recover your deleted Whatsapp messages. WhatsApp server doesn’t store your chat history like as Facebook. It keeps your WhatsApp chat history private. But it doesn’t mean that you can’t recover accidentally deleted messages. Using this method you can easily recover Deleted WhatsApp messages but for that, you need to have a backup. Without backup, we can’t recover deleted WhatsApp messages.
- Best Whatsapp Status
- Latest Version GBWhatsApp APK Download
- How to invite all friends to Like Facebook Page
- Best Cool Whatsapp DP, Funny Whatsapp DP, Group Profile Pic
You know WhatsApp takes automatic backup of chat history and messages every night at 3 PM and all backup store in your smartphone at Whatsapp folder. Folder location depends upon your device you specified or choose internal or external storage. There are two ways to recover your Whatsapp messages. The first method is restoring the backup and second recovery of older messages.
Steps to Restore Whatsapp backup
- Uninstall WhatsApp app from your device and reinstall WhatsApp application again
- Now enter your mobile number and verify the number.
- After verifying the number WhatsApp will ask to Restore your chat history from backup.
However, here are some important provisions.
If your phone number is different when you backup your chat history then your backup can not be pristine. If you have deleted the backup then there is another method to recover messages. Also, you can get help from the image given below.
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp messages
You know Whatsapp takes backup of last seven days. First of all, create a manual backup preserve of your recent chat. Follow the process to take backup of recent chat.
- Go to WhatsApp menu button and tap on top right side three dots.
- In down side, a menu will open now go to Settings > Chats and Calls > ChatBackup (Chat Backup depends on which WhatsApp version you have)
This WhatsApp backup stored in your phone/internal memory in WhatsApp database folder as msgstore.db.crypt8. Now save this data file as msgstore.db.crypt8. don’t confuse in these steps.
For restoring messages
- Uninstall Whatsapp
- Choose WhatsApp backup file you want to restore in Sdcard>WhatsApp>Database.
- Now rename this file as msgstore-2016-03-21.1.db.crypt8 to msgstore.db.crypt8.
- You can take help from the guide image.
- Now Reinstall WhatsApp again.
- After Reinstalling Whatsapp Restore option prompted.
Recover Deleted Whatsapp messages using Google Drive
You can follow this method if you backed up your chat in google Drive. If Google backup account is not setup by you. You can’t recover backup from google Drive. If yes, then follow the steps Make sure you are using same Google account to backup your chats otherwise restore process won’t work. Below is the backup process.
- Uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall WhatsApp again.
- After successfully reinstall Choose Google Drive option in setting menu.
- Now, wait for a few seconds till backup option automatic prompted that is shown in guide image.
- Use Two WhatsApp Account in one Phone
- Best Headphones Earphones Under Rs 1000
- Best Web Browsers for Android Smartphones
- How to find out who unfriended you on Facebook