A passport is a travel document, usually issued by a government to its citizens, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of international travel. Now it’s very easy to apply for the fresh Passport, Ministry of External Affairs created an online portal for the online passport applications. An Indian citizen can fill the online form to apply for a fresh passport. You can follow the below steps to apply online for passport Seva.
- Step 1) Visit the Passport Seva official website https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in.
- Step 2) New users need to register an account before applying for an online passport application.
- Step 3) After successfully creating an account, enter the login ID & password to login.
- Step 4) When you will login account it will display a few options under the application home menu.
- Step 5) Select the apply for fresh passport option, if you are applying for passport first time. You can apply for a fresh passport or Re-issue of a passport using two alternatives 1. You can fill the application form online 2. You can download the soft copy of the form Fill it offline and upload.
- Step 6) Select the online application option and fill the following details. 1. Applicant Details | 2. Family Details | 3. Present Residential Address | 4. Emergency Contact | 5. Identity Certificate/Passport Details | 6. Other Details | 7. Passport Details Verification | 8. Self Declaration
- Step 7) After successfully filling the detail submit the form and you have to schedule an appointment at your nearest Passport Seva office.
- Step 8) For Booking an appointment, go on the Application home and click on View Saved/Submitted Applications.
- Step 9) Now go on the payment and appointment tab and select Pay and Schedule Appointment. Choose the payment mode and schedule the appointment location on the available dates.
After successful completing of payment, confirmation appointment number and other details will display on the screen. Print a copy of the application receipt.