A device driver or hardware driver is a group of files that enable one or more hardware devices to communicate with the computer’s operating system. Without drivers, the computer would not be able to send and receive data correctly to the hardware device. It is required to have a network driver installed on the laptop to get connected to the network. Without a network driver, you can’t connect your laptop to any wireless network.
If you are not sure that Wi-Fi adapter driver is installed in your system or not. You can follow step by step process to check the Wi-Fi adapter.
- Step 1) Right-click on the Computer icon and select the Manage option. You can also use the windows search box option to find this option.
- Step 2) Type Device Manager and press the enter key to open Device Manager option from the search result. (It allows users to view and control the hardware attached to the computer.)
- Step 3) In the list of options select Network adapters and right-click on the Adapter name. (In my case Adapter name is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165)
- Step 4) Now select the Properties option to check the Adapter status.
- Step 5) If the adapter driver is not showing there. You need to download and install the network driver from any third party or official website.
- Step 6) You can use the Intel official website to
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download the driver for your laptop.