A device driver or hardware driver is a group of files that enable one or more hardware devices to communicate with the computer’s operating system. Without drivers, the computer would not be able to send and receive data correctly to hardware devices. It is required to have a network driver installed on the laptop to get connected to the network. Without a network driver, you can’t connect your laptop to any of wireless network.
If you are not confirmed, there is any Wifi adapter driver is Installed in your system or not. You can follow step by the step process to check the Wi-Fi adapter.
- Step 1) Right click on the Computer icon and select Manage option. You can also use the windows search box option to find this option.
- Step 2) Type Device Manager and press enter key to open Device Manager option from search result it. (It allow users to view and control the hardware attached to the computer.)
- Step 3) In the list of options select Network adapters and right-click on the Adapter name. (In my case Adapter name is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165)
- Step 4) Now select the Properties option to check the Adapter status.
- Step 5) If the adapter driver is not showing there. You need to download and install the network driver from any third party or official website.
- Step 6) You can use the Intel official website to
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download the driver for your laptop.
- How to Find Wi-Fi router IP on Windows
- Best Funny Names for your Wi-Fi Network
- Change Your Wi-Fi Router Admin Username and Password