An external or internal storage device Pen drive and HDD is used by everyone to store data. If you are getting an error like “Windows unable to complete the format” while formatting any of your USB drives. Such type of error occurs due to any drive error, the drive is write-protected or your device is infected by the virus. You can use cmd method to format your device, because there are some chances to get fix these types of error with command format. Just follow the below steps to fix such type of errors with command.
- Create Bootable USB Pendrive
- Best Gaming Performance Laptops
- Know connected Wi-Fi password on Laptop
Method 1: How to Format Pendrive with Command Prompt
- Step 1) Insert your drive in the system and check the path of drive (E.g – C/D/E/F) that you want to format.
- Step 2) Now open windows command and Run as Administrator.
- Step 3) Type command format F: and press Enter button (In my case, drive path is F)
- Step 4) Now again press Enter button when it shows ready.
The process will take a few seconds to complete the action. You can follow the alternative command method to format USB drive with the command line.
Method 2: How to Format Pendrive with Command Prompt
- Step 1) open windows command and Run as Administrator.
- Step 2) Type diskpart in the command window and press Enter button to move on the next step
- Step 3) Now type listdisk and press Enter button.
- Step 4) Now select disk part1 and press Enter button.
- Step 5) Type clean and press Enter to jump on the next step.
- Step 6) Now type create partition primary and press Enter button.
- Step 7) Type Active and press Enter button.
- Step 8) Now type format fs=ntfs label”abc” quick and press Enter button.
- Step 9) Now type assign and press Enter button.
These were the steps to format any of your disk drive as command line method.