Two-step is an advanced security feature that helps to protect your Facebook account from unauthorized access. If you are using a simple password to login your Facebook and looking forwarded to more protection then you can simply enable two-factor authentication features from setting options.
Whenever you will try to log in to your Facebook account in a device, it will ask to verify your identity with an OTP password that is registered in your account. Without two-step security, an attacker can’t get easy access to your Facebook account and data, just by entering a password. So implementing two-step authentication is most important that you can do at your end, just by following the simple steps.
How to Set up Facebook Two-factor Authentication in Desktop
- Step 1) Log in to your Facebook account settings just by following https://www.facebook.com/settings.
- Step 2) Now find security and login option in settings and scroll down on the Two-Factor Authentication option.
- Step 3) Now select the Two-Factor Authentication and select text message for two-step security.
- Step 4) In the next step, it will ask to confirm your identity with an SMS code for Two-Factor Authentication.
Also, you can set up the Google Authenticator app to login your account with every time security code.
How to Set up Facebook Two-factor Authentication in App
- Step 1) Log in to your Facebook account in Android application.
- Step 2) Now click on the three horizontal lines on the right side of the top.
- Step 3) Here you can see all the options to manage your account Settings & Privacy.
- Step 4) Select the Settings option under the Settings & Privacy option.
- Step 5) Now a list of Account and security settings will display, select security and login option.
- Step 6) Select and use the Two-Factor Authentication code option and use text message to enable it.