In the online world to protect ourselves from hacks and fear of stealing data, we have to take care of lots of security measures. A strong password is required to protect your Gmail account data but Two-Factor Authentication takes up your security at the next level.
It means whenever you will try to log in your Gmail account in a device, it will ask to verify your identity with an OTP password that is registered in your account. Without two-step security, an attacker can easily get access to your Google account and data just by entering your password. So implementing two-step authentication is most important that you can do at your end, just by following the simple steps.
How to Set up Google Two-factor Authentication
- Step 1) Log in to your Google account settings just by following https://myaccount.google.com/.
- Step 2) In the next step, click on the security option and select on 2-Step verification option.
- Step 3) In the next window select Get Started option.
- Step 4) In the next window select Get Started option and enter the password to confirm.
- Step 5) Now it will ask to verify with the device registered to your account, select more options and choose Text message or a Voice call option for verification.
- Step 6) Now confirm your mobile number and click on the next to verify the OTP password.
- Step 7) Once you verified the OTP password, it will ask to enable the Turn on the two-step verification.
- Step 8) Enable the option to successfully implement a two-step verification setting.