Many times we feel the need to know our connected WiFi password on Windows, that was entered to connect a public or private WiFi network. When we enter a password to connect the laptop with any wifi network, that password gets stored inside in a windows file. In case you forget the password, you can easily find a WiFi password on windows using cmd. There are two simple steps to know the connected WiFi password or the network which is not connected to the system.
For example: – If you do not remember the password which was used to connect a laptop with a Wi-Fi network. And now you want to connect your mobile to the same WiFi network. You have to check the saved WiFi password in windows.
How to Know Connected WiFi password on Windows
This method will only work when your laptop is connected to a WiFi network. Follow the below steps to know the connected WiFi password in Windows 7/8/10 operating system.
- Step 1) Open Run Prompt (Shortcut key to open Run, Press Windows+R key)
- Step 2) Now paste the windows command on
control /name Microsoft.NetworkAndSharingCenterRUN box and press the Enter key to open Network and Sharing Center.
- Step 3) Click on Wi-Fi (AndroidAP) Note: AndroidAP is my WiFi network name, In your case click on that name which displays)
- Step 4) Now click on the Wireless Properties option and select the Security option.
- Step 5) Now click on Show characters box to know the saved WiFi password.
- Step 6) As you can see in my case, in the Network Security Key box my network password is shown.
This method is used to know only connected WiFi network password. You can follow the cmd method to know all the WiFi password.
How to Know My Saved WiFi Password Using CMD
With the help cmd method, we can easily find all connected Wi-Fi network history as well as passwords that were used to connect with that network. Follow the below steps to know all saved WiFi password history in the windows 7/8/10 operating system.
- Step 1) Open Run Prompt and enter cmd to open the command prompt (Shortcut key to open Run, Press Windows+R key)
- Step 2) Now type the command in
netsh wlan show profileRun prompt and press the Enter button.
- Step 3) The command displays all the connected network profile history.
- Step 4) Now follow the below step to show the particular network saved password.
- Step 5) Now type
netsh wlan show profile "Your Network profile name" key =
clear(In my case network profile is MTNL)
- Step 6) As you can see in the screenshot Key Content is the password of my 11343967 WiFi network.