A bad situation related to phone lost or stolen by anybody can be born with anybody anytime. It is very important for every smartphone user to use some protection in advance to avoid the misuse of your mobile phone personal data in case of phone lost or stolen. There are so many android apps on AppStore provided by verified publishers, these apps help to enhance the protection of personal data as well as unauthorized access protection of android smartphone also.
Tips to Protect your Android Phone Data in Case of Phone Lost
- Always use inbuilt Protection Lock like PIN, Pattern or Fingerprint, if available.
- Keep backup of your contacts or use cloud backup apps that can take backup of all your contacts in a click.
- Use security protection apps like Android Device Manager or any other that can provide protection to your phone.
Android Device Manager to Upgrade your Mobile security at the next level
Android Device Manager is a security app developed by Google to find a lost Android device. To be prepared to use this feature, it is required, you’ve added a Google Account to your Android device and your device must have installed this app.
After installing the app, enabled Device Administration with Android Device Manager. You can follow below steps to enable the option.
If you turned off Find My Device. You can follow below steps to enable it:
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Locak Screen & Security and find Device Administration option. (If you don’t see “Device Administration,” tap Other Security Settings.)
- Tap Find My Device.
- Make sure Find My Device is turned on.
- Best Sites For Current Affairs and GK for Govt Jobs, Bank, UPSC, IAS, IBPS Preparation
- Sandeep Maheshwari Inspirational and Motivational Quotes (Struggling Biography)
You can follow these steps to Remotely find, lock, or erase data
- Go to android.com/find and sign in to your Google Account on another device browser.
- If you have more than one device, click the lost device at the top of the screen.
- If your lost device has more than one user profile, sign in with a Google Account that’s on the main profile.
- The lost device gets a notification.
- On the map, see about where the device is.
- The location is approximate and might not be accurate.
- If your device can’t be found, you’ll see its last known location, if available.
- Pick what you want to do. If needed, first click Enable lock & erase.
- Play sound
Rings your device at full volume for 5 minutes, even if it’s set to silent or vibrate.
Locks your device with your PIN, pattern, or password. If you don’t have a lock, you can set one. To help someone return your device to you, you can add a message or phone number to the lock screen.
Permanently deletes all data on your device (but might not delete SD cards). After you erase, Find My Device won’t work on the device.
Important: If you find your device after erasing, you’ll likely need your Google Account password to use it again.
- Play sound
- All BSNL USSD Codes
- Save Android phone Data
- Best Backup Apps for Android
- How to make Bootable Pendrive
- How to Create New account on IRCTC