Airtel is upgrading its network for fast internet speed and improved quality of GSM and voice call services. If you are getting slow internet speed on your Airtel number, you can upgrade your 3G SIM into 4G. Airtel made this process easier through an online portal where Airtel customer can request for the 4G SIM at home, and 4G SIM will get delivered to at your address within 7 days after the request.
There are two ways alternative ways other than online process, through which you can change your Airtel 3G number into 4G. Either you can visit the nearest Airtel store or retailer shop. There is no service charge for this service, you can replace your Airel number free of cost. But first of you can try out an online process. In case your sim doesn’t get delivered at your location in 7 days, you can change your sim through alternative methods. Just follow the below process to request online for 4G SIM at your home.
How to Request Online to Upgrade Airtel 3G SIM into 4G
- Step 1) Open the Web address in the browser. (https://www.airtel.in/4g/upgrade-sim)
- Step 2) It will ask to enter your SIM delivery details. Fill the required detail and submit your request.
- Step 3) The process will take 48-72 hours to deliver SIM at your home.
After the delivery of a new Airtel 4G sim card at your location, you need to follow the below steps to activate.
- Step 4) You need to send an SMS from your Airtel number.
- Step 5) Type in message box SIM<20 digit New SIM number> and send it on 121 from your airtel mobile. The 20 digit SIM number is available at the back of your new SIM card.
- Step 6) Reply 1 when a confirmation message will receive at your number,
- Step 7) This process will take a few hours to start service, your existing SIM will stop. Once that happens, insert the new SIM and wait for the network to show.
If you are facing a kind of problem in the process, you can visit your nearest Airtel store or retailer shop to upgrade your sim into 4G. For any query related to all Airtel products and services, call on Airtel customer support helpline number.