Chrome remote desktop is a tool developed by Google that allow users to remotely access another computer. This is the best alternative of remote controlling applications like TeamViewer and Anydesk. With the help of this tool, we can troubleshooting any kind of system problem from any Android smartphone or desktop device. But you can run this tool in the limited Operating system (Chrome os, ios, Android, Windows, os x, Linux beta). If you want to run a chrome remote desktop in your PC, then make sure your device has an OS that supports this software.
This method uses chrome extension and Google account to access devices because it uses the chromoting protocol which is developed by Google. Make sure you should have a proper internet connection to smoothly control any device. You can below steps to remotely control another computer with the help of Chrome remote desktop tool.
Use Chrome remote desktop to Remotely Access Another PC
- Step 1) Open Chrome browser and install the Chrome remote desktop extension.
- Step 2) Now select the Remote Assistance option to share your device on remote or access any device. If you want to share your device with another user it will generate a code. But in case of remote access of another device, it will ask to enter the code
Use Chrome Remote desktop to Access Computer from Android
Other then this we can use chrome remote desktop tool to remotely monitor your desktop device from any other location. We used the Remote Assistance option to remotely access another device. But in case remotely monitor your desktop device, we have to use My computer option to Access your own computer from anywhere.
- Step 1) Select My computer option to remotely monitor your desktop device.
- Step 2) Now Enable remote connection option. When you will enable the option, it will force you to install a chrome remote host file.
- Step 3) It will ask to enter 6 digits PIN, which is important when we will connect a desktop device to Android.
- Step 4) Now install Chrome Remtop desktop android application in your smartphone and login with the same Gmail address which was used to log in, in on the desktop. It will display your hostname on mobile.
- Step 5) Tap on the host and enter the 6 digits PIN to connect and remotely manage your desktop device.
Control your Android with keyboard and mouse | Top 10 E-commerce sites most used app in India | Best Launchers for Android smartphone | UnHackable Operating System by India “BOSS” | Easy Steps to Root your Android device |Best Smartphone under Rs 15000 |Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET in Chrome