If you are unhappy with Docomo network services, then you can Port your mobile number into any other telecom network for better services. In India Airtel, Vodafone, Bsnl, Idea, and Jio are the top telecom operator that offers good service. Under this service, you can switch the Docomo mobile number to any other network operator without changing the mobile number. You can use the below steps to port your Docomo mobile number into any other network.
Step 1) Eligibility to make a Docomo Porting Request
- You have an active Docomo connection that is at least 90 days old (as counted from the date of a new activation or the last port date).
- No outstanding payments to the donor operator (An operator that you are leaving).
- No requests pending for change of ownership of the number.
- Your request for porting is within the same circle.
Step 2) What you will need to Port Docomo Number into Other Network
- Passport size photographs
- Address proof Or any Photo ID proof (E.g. Passport) Indian Nationals / Foreign Nationals
Step 3) To get a SIM, you will need
- Visit nearest (Network Operator Mini Store OR Any retail outlet near your location)
- The network Store in which you want to port your number.
- Generate an 8 digit UPC code by sending SMS from your PORT 10 digit Mobile no to 1900
- Fill up the CAF and Porting Form and submit your documents (Proof of ID & address & 1 Photograph)
- Submit your documents
- Porting charges of Rs. 19/- will apply to be paid (Non-refundable charge)
Step 4) Activation Procedure for your number
- Your documents will now get verified
- Your old SIM card will be replaced with the new SIM card
- MNP request will be processed in 7 days with a no service period of 2hrs
- Your old SIM will be deactivated within one hour of the stated time of porting
- Your new SIM card will be activated within two hours of the stated porting time
Note – The procedure is the same even if you want to port from any other network to Docomo. You need the following documents to jump to another network.