If you have accidentally deleted Whatsapp messages and now you want to get them back. It is required to have a backup of all your messages. Without proper backup, it is not possible to recover the deleted messages. Because WhatsApp server doesn’t store your chat history and other data in their server like Facebook. It keeps your WhatsApp chat history private, so make sure you have already enabled the backup option from WhatsApp account settings.
WhatsApp takes automatic backup of messages and chats history every night at 3:00 PM and backup store in the WhatsApp backup folder. Folder location depends upon your device you specified or choose internal or external storage. There are two ways to recover your Whatsapp messages. The first method is restoring the backup and second recovery of older messages.
- How to invite all friends to Like Facebook Page
- Best Cool Whatsapp DP, Funny Whatsapp DP, Group Profile Pic
How to Restore Whatsapp messages from Backup
However, here are some important provisions. If your phone number is different when you backup your chat history then your backup can’t be pristine. In case, you have deleted the backup then there is another method to recover messages. You can follow the below steps to recover Whatsapp messages from the backup file.
- Step 1) Uninstall WhatsApp app from your device and reinstall WhatsApp application again.
- Step 2) Now enter your mobile number and verify the number.
- Step 3) After verifying the number WhatsApp will ask to restore your chat history from backup.
- Step 4) Tap on the restore, it will take a few minutes to restore your messages from the last backup. Restore time depends upon the size of your chat backup.
How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp messages from Google Drive
If you have enabled your chat backup in Google Drive, then you can follow the below step to recover chat messages from Google drive. Make sure you are using same Google account to backup your chats otherwise restore process won’t work. In case, if Google backup account is not set up by you then you can’t recover backup from Google Drive.
- Step 1) Uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall it again.
- Step 2) After successfully reinstall, navigate on the Setting option > Chats option > Chat Backup option.
- Step 3) Now add your Gmail account which is used at the time of backup and storage option to Google Drive.
How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp messages from Database File
Whatsapp takes backup of the last seven days and store in the database folder. You can follow the below step to create a manual backup preserve of your recent chat. This WhatsApp backup store in your smartphone phone/external memory in WhatsApp database folder as msgstore-2016-03-21.1.db.crypt8.
Now save as the data file as msgstore.db.crypt8. Messages restoring process starts from the third step.
- Step 1) Open WhatsApp and navigate on the right side three dot icon.
- Step 2) Now go to Settings > Chats and Calls > ChatBackup (Chat Backup depends on which WhatsApp version you have)
- Step 3) Now uninstall WhatsApp and choose WhatsApp backup file that you want to restore in Storage>WhatsApp>Database.
- Step 4) Rename the database file msgstore-2016-03-21.1.db.crypt8 to msgstore.db.crypt8.
- Step 5) Install WhatsApp again, After reinstalling Whatsapp Restore option it will be prompt for restore.
These were the easy steps to recover deleted WhatsApp messages that you can use the guide to recover accidentally deleted Whatsapp messages.