Truecaller is the most popular app to find the name of the caller number. If you are using or have used the Truecaller app on your phone, you must notice this. Truecaller app shows the information of the number of whom it belongs, whether you used it or not. Basically, what does this app work, whenever anyone installs this application. It asks to enable some permission to open the app and one of them is access contact permission. When we enable this permission on our phone. It automatically accesses and stores android phone contacts in their database with the name that is saved in our contact list.
But for some users, it can be a privacy concern because normally people can’t see any information about the unknown callers. Truecaller takes care of your privacy for such kind of users who are conscious for their privacy. You can unlist or remove your number from the Truecaller search by following the below steps.
How to Unlist or Remove Name on Truecaller
- Step 1) Download Truecaller App.
- Step 2) Now login on the App with the number that you want to remove to appear on Truecaller search.
- Step 3) Before unlisting your account from the Truecaller, you need to deactivate your account first.
- Step 4) Select the Settings option and navigate on the Privacy center option and select Deactivate option.
- Step 5) After successful deactivation of the account follows the URL to remove your number from Truecaller.
- Step 6) Now enter your number with country code to remove your name from Truecaller.
Once you completed this process it will take 24 Hours time to remove your name and number from Truecaller search.