WhatsApp is the most popular communicating app in the world at present and its demand is increasing day by day because of its features. The app allows users to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents and Voice Messages. When we change the smartphone, the main issue arises how to transfer WhatsApp messages from the old android device to a new android phone.
Here is an easy method to retrieve old WhatsApp messages on a new phone. It will work only, if you had taken backup of Whatsapp messages. without backup, we can’t retrieve WhatsApp messages. First of all, we should have backup all WhatsApp messages. Follow the below steps to backup of all WhatsApp messages
- Open your WhatsApp application and Tap on the right side three dot icon.
- Now go to Setting option > Chats option > Chat Backup option.
- Now select your Gmail account and set the backup storage option to Google Drive.
- Select the Wi-Fi or cellular option to choose the network preference.
- Now Tap on the green Backup icon to proceed the backup and wait until its complete.
- When you will reinstall WhatsApp it will ask for recover your chat data from Google Drive
You have successfully backed up your WhatsApp messages. Now follow the below steps to retrieve old WhatsApp messages in the new phone. Now connect your smartphone with via USB Cable and navigate to the internal memory of your smartphone WhatsApp > Database. In this folder, your all Data backup file saved with the date. That backup file look like “msgstore-2019-02-12.1.db.crypt12”.
Copy the latest backup created a file (Note – If you find the different name of the backup file. You don’t need to worry it can be msgstore.db.crypot12). You can easily find the location or you can get help from the image given below.
Follow the below steps to transfer WhatsApp messages in a new phone
- Install Whatsapp application into your new smartphone but remember it doesn’t start the app.
- Connect your Pc with your new smartphone. Make sure you already download Whatsapp application in your new device.
- Now go to WhatsApp folder and open it. You will find, Here Database folder now exist.
- Create a Database folder manually in the Whatsapp folder.
- Paste here Whatsapp Conversion backup file in the folder
- Now Open Whatsapp and verify your mobile number. You will get a notification if your message backup found or you want to restore it. Now tap on the Restore option. On the next movement.
- Best Whatsapp Status
- Best Smartphones under Rs 10000
- Best Web Browsers for Android Smartphones
- Best Cool Whatsapp DP, Funny Whatsapp DP, Group Profile Pic