Google Drive is an online storage service started by Google Inc. With the help of Google drive, you can backup files and other personal data like photos, documents, stories, designs, drawings, recordings, videos, and more in cloud storage. Moreover, we can create, upload, and share Docs, Slides, Sheets with Anyone. To avail of the benefit of Google drive services, it is required to have a Google account because the service offers 15 GB of free cloud space to store files online.
Google supports the following files on the web. You can upload and share the following format files and invite other recipients to view, download, and collaborate in the files.
- Native formats (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Drawings)
- Image files (JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, WEBP)
- Video files (WebM, MPEG4, 3GPP, FLV) and many other video format files.
- Audio Format (MP3, MPEG, WAV)
- Text files
- Markup/Codes (CSS, HTML, PHP, C , JS) and some others
- Microsoft Word Excel and PowerPoint files
- PDF files
How to use Google Drive to Share Photos and Files.
First, you need to create a Google account (Gmail) to avail of the benefit of all Google products and services.
- Step 1) Visit the Gmail website and fill in the required detail to create a Google account.
- Step 2) After creating the Google account open the URL in the browser –
- Step 3) Now select the File upload or Folder upload option to upload the file from your device.
- Step 4) Ater successfully uploading a file in Google drive, it will display like the above image.
- Step 5) Now select the uploaded file and click on the link icon to get the link of the uploaded file. ( You can make a change in Sharing setting option to manage the setting option)
- Step 6) Now copy the file link to share the file in a group or either with specific people. If you want to share a file with the specific people enter the email address on the people option.